It takes, on average, at least five impressions for someone to remember a brand/business. This means, if you’re not getting your brand’s name out there in every way possible, you’re likely to be forgotten.
Brand recognition does quite a few things:
- It builds awareness
- Encourages engagement with potential clients
- Reassures business partners and backers that you’re becoming well known
- Educates the public about who you are and what you do
- Generates leads, consumer excitement, and a competitive edge over your industry
Oftentimes brands fail to understand the importance of building this recognition and awareness and ultimately suffer because of it. There’s also a common misconception that it requires a large budget, initial investment, or even hiring a PR firm to build brand recognition through ads, influencer collaborations, etc.
Today, I’m going to share with you FOUR great ways to increase brand recognition for FREE.
- Start by going after smaller markets. Think local—TV news stations, smaller publications, etc. Position your brand/business with a relevant local angle that will make these publications want to feature you.
- Write guest blogs. Go after popular blogs that are within your brand’s niche. We all know how important content is—and if you can provide a high-value, done-for-you article to a publication, they’re going to jump at the opportunity to publish it. Make a goal to publish at least once guest blog per month across a number of publications so that you’re reaching a broader audience.
- Speak on podcasts. Like guest blogs, this is a great way to reach new audiences and increase awareness about your brand’s service/offering. BEFORE you pitch yourself to a podcast, ensure that you listen to a few episodes first so that you can package your pitch in a way that proves you’re a great fit for that particular podcast show.
- Pitch with confidence. Just because you’re pitching yourself and not going through a PR company does NOT mean your business is ignorable. You know your brand, you know your value, portray that in your pitch with confidence! HOW you deliver a message matters just as much as the message itself—if you’re excited about your business, others will be, too.
If you’ve tried pitching yourself in these ways and haven’t seen the results you’d hoped for (i.e., no response, or a flat out no), it’s time to work on and revamp your pitch. I can help you with that!
Book a 90-minute strategy call with me today, and together we will perfect your pitch to increase your outreach success!